India's Top 10 Most 'Charitable' Billionaires in FY21; Azim Premji Tops List
- Economy News
- 2021-11-03 13:25
By Malvika Gurung
Investing.com -- Research firm Hurun India and the philanthropist foundation EdelGive have jointly drafted the Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021, a list of Indian philanthropist billionaires, who made the most donations from April 2020 to March 2021, FY21, ranked in terms of the value of donations made.
Wipro (NS: WIPR ) Founder and business tycoon Azim Premji have topped the list by donating Rs 9,713 crore in the financial year 2020-21, which amounts to Rs 27 crore in a day, for this period.
Ranking first among the new entrants on the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021, is ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, who donated Rs 50 crore in charity in the FY in focus, amounting to one-fourth of his annual income.
Here is the list of the top 10 most generous philanthropists of 2021 in India.
- Azim Hashim Premji, Founder, Chairman of Wipro - Rs 9,713 crore
- Shiv Nadar, Founder, Chairman of HCL Technologies (NS: HCLT ) - Rs 1,263 crore
- Mukesh Ambani, Chairman, MD of Reliance Industries (NS: RELI ) - Rs 557 crore
- Kumar Mangalam Birla, Chairman of Aditya Birla Group (NS: ADTB ) - Rs 377 crore
- Nandan Nilekani, Chairman of Infosys (NS: INFY ) - Rs 183 crore
- Hinduja Family - Rs 166 crore
- Bajaj Family - Rs 136 crore
- Gautam Adani (NS: APSE ), Chairman, Founder of Adani Group - Rs 130 crore
- Anil Agarwal, Founder, Chairman of Vedanta (NS: VDAN ) Resources Limited - Rs 130 crore
- Burman Family, Owner of Dabur India (NS: DABU ) - Rs 114 crore
Add Chart to CommentCancel AttachGuidelines
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse weve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material thats relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Dont Monopolize the Conversation.We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.coms discretion.
Drop an image here or Upload from your computer Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mbError: File type not supported
Drop an image here or Upload from your computer
- 100 Post
Please try another searchSend Feedback
Sun Dr @Sun DrMr Premji is far better than Bill Gates!Like Like 0Reply 0