How to create a signature for PDF documents on an iPhone
Just use Markup By Barbara Krasnoff Nov 3, 2021, 4:13pm EDT
Share this story
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
- Share All sharing options
Share All sharing options for: How to create a signature for PDF documents on an iPhone
Photo by Amelia Holowaty Krales / The Verge
More and more official papers are being turned into PDF documents, and you may be asked to sign one electronically while youre away from your computer (here, by the way, is how to sign a PDF document using a Mac or a PC). If youre using an iPhone, its actually not all that difficult; you can create a signature and reuse it by using the iPhones built-in Markup tool.
Heres what to do:
- Open the PDF document in Markup.
- Tap the plus sign at the bottom right.
- Tap on the Signature button.
- If you havent created any signatures yet, tap on the label at the top titled New Signature. (If you dont see New Signature, tap the plus sign in the upper left corner.)
In Markup, tap on the plus and then the Signature button.
You can label your saved signature.
- Youll be given the option of labeling your new signature with your full name, family name, nickname, etc. Or you can choose not to have a label at all.
- Once youve chosen your label, you can then sign your name at the bottom of the screen. There is a Clear button if you decide you need to try more than once to get it right. Tap Done at the top right corner when youre ready.
- Your signature will then appear in a box on your document. You can move it and / or resize it until youre happy with how it looks on the document. When youre ready, tap anywhere outside the box. You can then use Markup for any other edits.
Draw your signature; tap Clear if its not to your liking.
Move the completed signature to where you want it.
- When youre ready, tap Done in the upper left corner and save the file.
The next time you open a PDF in Markup on your phone, tap on the Signature button, and the signature (or signatures) that you saved will be there. Just tap on it, and it will be dropped into your document. You can always select Add or Remove Signature if you want.
Next time you need to sign something, your signature will be waiting.
Get rid of an old signature by tapping Add or Remove Signature.
How to create a signature for PDF documents on a PC
How to create a signature for PDF documents on a Mac
Next Up In Tech
Sign up for the newsletter Verge Deals
Subscribe to get the best Verge-approved tech deals of the week.
Just one more thing!