Things to know
- You can replace your title if it gets lost or damaged, fees vary.
- If you're still making payments, the lien-holder must apply for the title.
- We mail titles within 810 weeks. If you need it sooner, apply for a Quick Title. See below for details.
How to replace a title
- Complete an Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest form.
- Have all the registered owners sign the form and get it notarized.
- Mail or bring the completed form and fee to an office:
- Vehicle licensing office title mailed to you within 810 weeks:
- Vehicle replacement titles cost $35.50.
- Trailer replacement titles cost $35.50.
- Boat replacement titles cost $26.75.
- Quick Title office mailed or given to you immediately:
- Vehicle replacement titles cost $85.50.
- Trailer replacement titles cost $85.50.
- Boat replacement titles cost $76.75.
- You can't get Quick Titles for:
- Vehicles or boats reported stolen.
- Insurance or wrecker destroyed vehicles and boats.
- Vehicles with a "WA rebuilt" on the title.
Questions? Need help?
Call us: 360.902.3900 (TTY: Call 711)